Selecting the Right Trustee: Individual or Corporate?
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
8 - 11 a.m.
Mountain Gate Country Club
12445 Mountain Gate Drive, L.A., CA 90048
Dean I. Friedman, Esq., Clark & Trevithick
Robert F. DeMeter, Esq., Clark & Trevithick
Paul Berman, RBC Wealth Management
Gregg H. Homan, RBC Wealth Management
- Why Type of Trust & Beneficiary Classes Matter
- Matching Trustors' Objectives & Trust Purpose to Selection
- Trustee Experience, Capabilities, Continuity
- Special Asset Handling & Diversification
- Role of Trust Protectors, Special & Co-Trustees, Investment & Distribution Advisers/Committees
- Trustee's Fees & Costs, Bonding, Insurance
- Jurisdiction Selection & Choice of Law
- Consequences of Trust Term & Rule Against Perpetuities
- Fiduciary Accoutings & Reporting Duties
- Grading Corporate Fiduciaries
This complimentary three hour seminar is designed for accounting professionals, in-house counsel and CFOs. The program offers 2.75 hours MCLE credit for attorneys.*
Seminar registration and continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. Please note the dress attire for this program is business casual. Mountain Gate Country Club does not allow denim or tank tops.
Parking is available to all registered participants.
Questions? Contact Hydee Hall at (213) 341-1382 or HHall@ClarkTrev.com
This workshop is presented by RBC Wealth Management and Clark & Trevithick. Please join us for a continental breakfast.
RBC Wealth Management, a division of RBC Capital Markets, LLC, Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC
* Clark & Trevithick is a State Bar of California MCLE provider.