Kimberly S. Winick joined Clark & Trevithick in 2008, adding her substantial experience in bankruptcy, commercial law, and real estate to the firm’s expertise in these areas. Ms. Winick began her career in the 1980s, reorganizing or liquidating complex estates encompassing multiple commercial, multi-family residential, and special purpose real estate assets, as well as major operating companies. More recently, she has represented both borrowers and lenders in connection with restructuring and/or maximizing recoveries under secured and unsecured credit facilities involving a range of industries. She also has protected the interests, before and during bankruptcy, of commercial and industrial landlords, energy producers, suppliers of goods and services, franchisors and other debtor and nondebtor contract parties, and has represented parties acquiring assets from, making loans to, or entering into material contracts with troubled companies.
Ms. Winick received her J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law, and B.A. cum laude from Middlebury College, with a double degree in Spanish and English Literature. She has written and lectured extensively on commercial law and bankruptcy topics, including UCC Article 9 remedies, single asset real estate, executory contracts and unexpired leases, and sales of troubled assets. She also authored a chapter of the CEB publication, Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Practice in California and served as an advisor for two CEB Publications, Ground Lease Practice, and CEB's California Real Estate Bankruptcies. Ms. Winick is a Fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers. She is a past president of both the Financial Lawyers Conference and the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, and currently is a director of both organizations. Additionally, she is a member of the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference Executive Committee and a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. She has served as a director of the California Bankruptcy Forum, an ABA Business Law Section subcommittee co-chair, and a chair of the Education Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. Her
community contributions include service as a Bankruptcy Court mediator (often in Spanish) and she currently is a member of the board of the Pasadena Symphony Association.
Ms. Winick is honored by her designation as an AV Preeminent Lawyer, a Super Lawyer, and a Best Lawyer. She has a perfect ten rating with AVVO as well.
Contact Kimberly S. Winick
Kimberly S. Winick is a member of the following C&T Legal Teams:
Selected articles authored by Kimberly S. Winick:
Share this page:
- California Nonprofits - Restructuring Fundamental, Presented at the 24th Annual Insolvency Conference of the California Bankruptcy Forum
- SARE: New Rules for the Current Downturn, 7 Norton Bankr. Law Advisor, July 2008 (co-author)
- Intercreditor Agreements in Bankruptcy, L.A. County Bar Assn., Jan. 23, 2008
- SARE: A New World for Many Creditors, 49 BCD 3, Dec. 11, 2007 (co-author)
- Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases, Chapter 8 of Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Practice in California, CEB 2003, and annual updates through end of publication in 2007 -
- Tenant Letters of Credit; Bankruptcy Issues for Landlords and Their Lenders, 9 ABI L. Rev. 733, Winter 2001
- Severing and Combining Contracts, 19 Business Law News 10 (Cal. State Bar), Fall 1998
- Severable and Nonexecutory Contracts — Strategies Regarding Partial Assumption or Rejection, Maricopa County Bar Assn., May 1998
- Waiving the Red Flag: Update on the Enforceability of Certain Waivers in Bankruptcy, Maricopa County Bar Assn., May 1998
- Securitized Mortgage Lending, L.A. County Bar Assn., Apr. 1998.